Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wallace Simpson and Annie Hall


Wallace Simpson



Diane Keaton as Annie Hall



What do they have in common?

They (in combination with a gorgeous felt hat that I found in a little vintage shop) are my inspiration for Spring Summer 2011.

I love the tailored ease of the 30's and 70's. Maybe it is in response to the heat we are having this summer, but I am longing for feminine dresses that aren't too twee (to quote Emma Thompson on Audrey Hepburn. And, though I love Audrey Hepburn, I really do not like My Fair Lady. If you haven't heard the fuss yet, here is a link to her comments http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/blogs/popculture/2010/08/emma-thompsons-harsh-audrey-hepburn-critique.html)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.