Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lost Footage




Not really.....Not lost, just not posted previously.
Did I ever mention that I am a veteran insomniac? There is not a time in my life that I did sleep well, even when very young. I remember good sleeps like people remember good meals. Anyway, couldn't sleep last night and didn't feel like working so I watched the September Issue. (I know! What took me so long!)

Loved, loved, loved it. Then read a ton of reviews on it. And, I think people have it wrong. Yes, Grace Coddington is absolutely brilliant and talented and has immense personality. But, Anna Wintour is not who she is because she is not also brilliant and creative. She has vision, the ability to execute and to decide. It is a collaboration, not one winning over the other.
Grace Coddinton's story seems more steeped in sadness on the outside, but I would imagine that it is Anna Wintour who struggles with acceptance and insecurity when the flashbulbs aren't going off. Parents and family have a funny way of never letting up their stranglehold on you. Even when they have forgotten the tease, you retain the ghost of it forever.

The September Issue inspired me to post some pics from behind the scenes at the Fall/Winter 2010 photo shoot. Here I am, no makeup and sporting winter weight. I think part of why I love Lady Gaga so much is that I recognize and have great affection for her nose and the fact that she hasn't done anything to it.



Me - standing in for Rachel (hence the block) while Chris does the lighting.



Natalya Willy (fellow designer and friend) and I.



Ivy Lam, makeup artist extraordinaire.

1 comment:

em.me.ma said...

Amazzzing!! Just met natalya today. What a talent,!